et de ces motos qui ont marqué leur époque
du début des années 70 a nos jours
Twin
Reply to topic
Convertion to 12Volt ?
RaceFink

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello,

is it possible to convert to 12Volt alternator ?
We use Dyna CB750 ignition that need 12 volt. The later 12 Volt modells have E-starter and other ignition.
Maybe it is possible to use other regulator. we need only 3-5 Amp just for ignition.

Thanks Udo
Convertion to 12Volt ?
valium
Administrateur

hey Udo. 
I think it is possible to convert to 12 v alternator, because it is the régulator witch is on 6v outlet. I think that if you use a 12 V régulator and change all the bulbs on the bike and the ignition coil, you bike is now on 12 v. 

________________________________________________________________________________
C'est quand tu te rends compte qu'une guêpe s'est posée sur une de tes couilles que tu prends conscience qu'on ne résout pas tout par la violence....
Convertion to 12Volt ?
RaceFink

OK,

I study wiring diagrams and it looks that it should be possible to use the regulator from 12V model.

we have no bulbs its just racing. Ignition is 12Volt now the Dyna race ignition is only 12 Volt.
Now we must charge the battery after ach run and that is not comfortable speacaly when an 13 year old boy must have care on this Triste
So I will try to find 12 Volt regulator.

Regards Udo
Convertion to 12Volt ?
valium
Administrateur

If you have no bulbs, I think it's possible. With a 12v Gel-battery (to change his place), and change the régulator. 
Be caerful with the bulb from neutral.....(If you have kept this one... Mr. Green )

________________________________________________________________________________
C'est quand tu te rends compte qu'une guêpe s'est posée sur une de tes couilles que tu prends conscience qu'on ne résout pas tout par la violence....
Convertion to 12Volt ?